Sunday, July 26, 2020

Diary of a nofap streak - Day 7: Just some rambling thoughts

Last night when my wife got home, we sat beside each other in bed and I massaged her feet, just like that, no pretension or demand. A soft, tender, romantic moment. I asked her if she wanted me to give her head, which she declined. I'll do that more often from now on. As I mentioned before, the old routine of her doing all the chores needs to be broken - and then broken again, and again, since it tends to re-establish itself.

I woke up depressed and anxious.

Two hours later, I'm back in high productivity, for which I am happy and thankful. Collecting ideas for my novel, watching a few videos, writing, reading... it's good. There's always this tendency to procrastinate on the actual writing though. Which is kind of odd, since when I'm in the flow, it feels truly great.

One shouldn't forget though that rest is important. It's a sunday. There has to be some down-time.

I feel like I'm cheating just a little bit, because I write those "daily journal entries" in the morning. Well duh.

I feel like stubborn irrationality still gets me too much. I feel sad for people who stick to their guns no matter what. Of course, biases affect us all. Permanently checking and re-checking one's favourite ideas is a heck of a lot of work, but it's the best we can do in order to believe as many true and as few false things as possible.

What is my own piece of wood in this particular fire, my dog in this fight? I'm totally trying to advocate the idea of apportioning the belief to the evidence, proudly admitting that "I think this... becase...", "I have a hunch... based only on my experience...", "I read this in this book, which I think is reliable because..."

You know, just this simple trick of always indicating one's level of confidence, and giving at least one reason why one thinks so. I think this would solve a lot of problems in debates, because it gives the other person the opportunity to check your claims and bring up issues with it.

Changing one's mind is good! Being corrected is good, because afterwards, you're closer to the truth.

Today's crazy idea: SR was an invention of feminists who wanted guys to suffer. What better way to get them to suffer, than to lure them in with the elusive promise of more pussy? "Oh, you just deprive yourself of satisfaction for only 90 days, then you'll have more dark-eyed houris than you can count!" LOL.

I see no reason to break the streak.

I re-read a little book on female-led relationships. Keeping up the mindset, wallowing in it like an elephant in dung, playing around with ideas and far-fetched concepts... it's a major part of the fun, to my mind.

We all live in a fantasy world anyway, might just as well make the fantasy pleasing to my sight.
It just occurred to me: It is really strange how people (i.e., males) practice chastity/nofap/SR for completely different, sometimes diametrically opposed reasons.

I wonder to what degree nofap is male dominated, and the chastity kink as well. I'm willing to bet it's like 90% a male thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment