Saturday, July 25, 2020

Diary of a nofap streak - Day 6: Skepticism

It is true that I feel exhilarated. Thursday night still lingers with me, and while my wife and I momentarily don't get to see each other as much as we'd like due to life throwing stuff at us, when we do see each other there's a spark.

Last night was stressful and strenuous, we had new ikea furniture to unpack, an essential part was missing, we ended up falling into bed late at night... I still got up early this morning, I already got a bit of writing done and it isn't even noon --  which never ever happens on a saturday! Keeping the chaste is incredibly easy right now. There is no temptation. The horniness I feel, mostly in my prostate, is breathed throughout the body, and it all feels very good, even blissful.

So - win for the streak team right? Nofap works! Benefits are real! Semen contains the energy! If you preserve it, your skin will start to glow! Scientists in the 19th century said so, as well as hindu gurus from 3000 years ago!

Well... yeah, no. Really, no.

I actually keep a habits diary (of my own coding, hehe). My current streak of writing and increased productivity began BEFORE the chastity. So if anything, the productivity boost enabled the semen-retention, not the other way around. It is easier to allow myself the pleasurable feelings because I know I'm more productive, so I can grant myself some time just enjoying. Not to mention that there's a holiday coming up, I'm a bit more relaxed with my day job -- after 18 months, I just know how to deal with it better. Plus, I've been through chastity streaks before, I know what's in store, and that makes it easier to deal with.

It all goes back to my "spiral theory". It doesn't matter much WHERE you start to change, as long as you do. Positive change in one place almost inevitably triggers positive change all over.

I should also mention that it's not entirely true that ALL has changed for the better. I eat terrible food right now because of our interior redesign and because my back is in a terrible shape, so standing up is painful, and cooking is not an option. All of this will be dealt with of course -

Why am I going on about this? Because I know how easy it is to fall into the trap of wishful thinking: "I made this one change, I stopped wanking, around which, let's admit it, we all have some shame - and now my life is entirely different, I feel so much bliss - so I'm going to draw the conclusion that it's the nofap that causes all that change, and then I will steadfastly refuse to take in any more information, and I will be a rightful semenretention apologist, and everybody who has doubts is a cumhead and a notorious wanker and can just bugger off." I think that this is destructive, hurtful and bound to fail. One reason for writing this diary, is to present a somewhat better, more scrutinous, more careful and skeptical way of going about a nofap/sr streak.

Still, I gotta say... The best sex of my life happened on thursday, and it was anorgasmic (for me) and multiple-orgasmic (for my wife). There is undoubtedly something to that, at least if you're a denial-craving subbie like me.



Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/Joyful_Chastity/comments/huosv1/getting_back_into_chastity/

No comments:

Post a Comment