Thursday, July 30, 2020

Diary of a nofap streak - Day 11: Looking forward to the unknown

Second to last day before my holidays. I can't wait.

I'm quite certain that I won't break the streak on my own. Right now it doesn't seem appealing to me at all. That might change of course. Tomorrow night, going out and getting wasted is a given, an obligation, a holy deed. Strange as it might seem, more often than not this does not trigger the urge for sweet self-love. I just go home and fall asleep.

So, sex with my most lovely wife, which is bound to happen this weekend or during the next week. There's a bit of ambivalence on her part about the whole anorgasmic-sex thing: on the one hand, she gets to get off, moreso than otherwise. She cherishes the improved intimacy. On the other hand, she likes to feel me cum inside her, and I understand and respect that. I'm not at a place where I would outright ask her to dispense with it, and the bdsm "make me wait" trope is hard to do because she just ain't dominant. She will indulge me sometimes, but it really ain't her true self. Then again, holidays sometimes have changed our dynamic quite a bit, there was more room for experimentation, so who knows what will happen.

Many cards are still in the deck, it would seem.

It would be lovely to go on without any orgasm until at the end of August. (I admit part of my motivation is to prove that, no, strange women will not start drooling over me, I won't suddenly have supermuscles, and I won't start flying around town.)

As for habits in general, and gaining motivation, I created a little habit tracker for myself - just your basic online php/mysql thingie, not even an app - and it helped me a lot. The sheer act of writing it down, and seeing the stats, helped me eat better, read and write more, and keep with the nofap.

I guess I've stopped believing in the mantra of concrete, tangible goals. It would seem that I do quite well with "I would like to write some more". Goals like "writing three times a week" always run the risk of leading to frustration and resignation with me. I think it's a question of character type. Some can only do it with very strict rules, while others deal better with some leniency.



No comments:

Post a Comment