Sunday, August 2, 2020

Diary of a nofap streak - Day 14: Philosophy

I got a bit of writing done yesterday. Improved my very own personal habit tracker. Revisited my ancient greek studies. Then went out with a friend and got properly wasted. Plus, we recited Goethe's Faust with much gusto.

All in all, a productive Saturday! Even more so if you keep in mind that this was the first day of my holidays!

This is decidedly a stay-in-bed Sunday.

The chastity is now quite easy to keep up. There is this deep joy in breathing the energy into my feet (which happens all by itself a lot of the time), or somewhere else (which requires some focus). It's a wonderful feeling without comparison. I wonder if one gets used to it, if one can get addicted to it, if it can turn into its own little habit.

I get the impression that habits are a lot like muscles - use them or lose them. That goes for good habits as well as bad ones. I wonder how this relates to self-definition - "Me, I'm just naturally chaste, deep down". Yeah, no, probably won't work.

I'm preparing a blog post, a reaction to a youtube video. I discovered that one can open the transcript, copy it into one's favourite text editor (vim - what else?), perform a few search/replaces, and you have a good-enough text to read and use for commenting. Quite fancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment