Sunday, August 19, 2012

ASMR

Okay, so this blog is supposed to be somewhat related to tantra; and I haven't been posting anything related to that in a while.

So, recently there's been a flood of videos of people just whispering, or stroking a comb, or any one out of a number of activities... very, very gentle and quiet activities.

Just by this quality, this resembles lots of tantric "techniques" or rather attitudes in my book. It's about sensuality, and about granting oneself the time it takes to enjoy it. Sensuality can almost never be a hurried affair. It takes its time to grow.

Those videos, though, are specifically about a phenomenon called ASMR - Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response, an actual physical phenomenon. It can be defined as "a physical sensation characterized by a pleasurable tingling that typically begins in the head and scalp, and often moves down the spine and through the limbs."

The whole thing is tremendously pleasurable, it is triggered by a number of low-key external stimuli, and it is completely involuntary.

I don't know how many people respond in this way. In fact, I can't say for sure whether I "have" it or not. All I know is that listening to the video linked below makes me feel extremely great. So maybe you want to take a shot at it.


No comments:

Post a Comment