Sunday, November 25, 2012

Homemade fries + ketchup

Fries:


  • Slice potatoes as small as you want them
  • Put baking paper on tray and potatoes on paper
  • Add salt, pepper, rosemary or whatever spice floats your boat
  • Bake in oven for maybe 10 minutes (check up on them, I totally suck with precise numbers, 10 mins just worked for me that's all)

Ketchup:

  • Put peeled and sliced tomatoes in a dish (the pre-packaged kind you can get in boxes that are already cooked, I'm not sure about their proper english name actually)
  • Add salt, fresh lemon juice and agave sirup (or sugar) to your taste
  • Add whatever spice floats your boat - I often use pepper and chili

And that's it. Total effort: 5 minutes. Total waiting time: 10 minutes. If I'd known this before, I'd never have bought the packaged stuff. Much more room for creativity this way, basically no fat, and it just tastes delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment